Confession Tuesday

It’s the holiday edition of Confession Tuesday! Have you been naughty or nice? (Given a choice, I choose naughty.) Feel free to share a bit of yourself with us, and don’t forget to say hello to those on the naughty list in The Confessional.


Yesterday, I was in court for my divorce proceeding. It becomes final in April, but that’s a formality. My relationship of 13 years (eight of them married) is over. It was a difficult day, but I got through it with my good friend, Colleen. She provided shopping, girl talk, a very strong shoulder. The bottle of wine didn’t hurt either. (Thanks, my dear! XOXO)

I’m just trying to stay positive for the kids. Seriously, could my life be any more of a contrast right now?


****


Best piece of advice I got yesterday: “Try not to punch him in the face.”

Best words of wisdom: “Your life if yours again. No one can take credit for your successes (and failures).”


****


Never really talked about the Underlife book launch party. It was phenomenal! With all that’s going on, I needed a reason to celebrate. It was the 40th birthday party never had. Friends and family, coworkers, and fellow writers came out to support me. I must have done something right to earn such good will. Special thanks to Erin, the emcee for the evening, and host extraordinaire Colleen. Couldn’t have pulled it off without them. Check out the photos and video from the par-tay!


****

Looking forward to posting year-end wrap ups for the Poet Mom blog, posting books to read list, and my goals for the new year.


Bring on 2010!


Comments

Heidi G said…
It's Festivus- yes, that time of year when it is okay to air grievances and be proud for doing it~ I say do it until you can't do it anymore, and let the new year ring in on a positive note. 13 years is a long time, this is true, but the days are here now, as this had led you down a new path, one perhaps not wished for or expected, but nonetheless, to be embraced and ridden like this wave we call life. You ARE stronger for this past year and will be in charge of your life once more, as it should be. Embrace your successes and your children often!
Jessie Carty said…
i don't know why but i am so ready for 2010 to just go ahead and start!

glad you had someone with you in court yesterday. whew!

my confession for today - in the process of cleaning out the cabinets and all at home for a future of buying better food i ate a bowl full of Peanut Butter Captain Crunch as a snack without milk :)
So sorry to learn your life has been in such turmoil--I had no idea. But I know from personal experience that what does not kill you makes you stronger in all the broken places.

I'm eagerly waiting for my copy of Underlife, and I know you have great things in your future! xo

Joyce
January said…
Thanks Joyce. It's been a rough year, but I'm ready to let go and move ahead. At least that's what I keep telling myself.
January said…
Thanks Jessie. No better way to spend the afternoon that with a little Cap't by your side.
January said…
Heidi G, when are you getting a blog for all of this sage advice?

XOXO

Popular Posts